TRUSCULPT vs. COOLSCULPTING
Both truSculpt and CoolSculpting are non-surgical fat reduction and body contouring procedures. Neither of these treatments require an incision, needles or, anesthesia. Both are beneficial for men and women who are healthy and near their target weight, but still have problem areas that they can’t get rid of through diet or exercise.
In both procedures, the fat loss is permanent – once the fat cells are destroyed and eliminated from your body, they are gone for good. (However, remember neither treatment will not prevent you from gaining weight in other fat cells afterward, so make sure to continue healthy living to maintain your new fat loss.)
While both truSculpt and CoolSculpting are used to destroy fat cells, each one takes a very different approach to the process. CoolSculpting relies extreme cold, and truSculpt uses heat.
TruSculpt literally melts away unwanted fat.
- More specifically, TruSculpt uses a special device that, when applied to the skin, delivers radio-frequency energy that heats the layers of fat below the skin.
- This creates a warming sensation on the treated area that is not only melting fat cells but also stimulating the skin and encouraging it to produce extra collagen.
- This bonus effect can help keep the treated skin healthy and toned.
- A typical truSculpt procedure lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour and no downtime is required.
- It can be done on all skin types and multiple areas can be treated during one session.
- Results start appearing four weeks to three months after the treatment, as the fat cells are processed and eliminated.
- Multiple treatments can be done to get the best results. It’s best to work with your provider to create a customized treatment plan during your initial visit.
CoolSculpting destroys fat cells by freezing them.
- After the cells are frozen, the body will process and eliminate the fat cells naturally.
- CoolSculpting uses a vacuum applicator to apply extremely low temperatures to freeze targeted areas of fat cells.
- While CoolSculpting is being performed, you may feel some discomfort, which can feel like a tugging or tingling sensation.
- Afterward, you might have some temporary side effects, such as redness, swelling, bruising, tenderness, aching and skin sensitivity. Discuss this with your provider as they can recommend effective medication. Side effects should subside in three to 10 days, and they are not extreme enough to require rest or recovery time.
- Results are visible three weeks to six months after receiving treatment.
- The amount of time spent getting the procedure is typically 35 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
- Just like with truSculpt, depending on how many areas you’d like to have treated, or how much contouring you’re looking for, additional visits may be required.
Many people have heard about CoolSculpting since it is heavily advertised on television and in magazines. Although truSculpt is not advertised as much, it provides more consistent results and can be used to treat fat anywhere on the body.
There are two main benefits of truSculpt:
1. truSculpt has the capability of treat fat ANYWHERE on the body and
2. truSculpt provides skin tightening and textural improvement (reduced cellulite) to the area being treated.
The ability to treat anywhere on the body allows patients to treat even the smallest area of fat with success. The skin tightening is a great secondary benefit to target those loose skin that result after pregnancy, weight fluctuations, or due to aging. Coolsculpting limits the patient to which areas can be treated and will not tighten the surrounding skin. These reasons are why Welltopix Med Spa prefers truSculpt over Coolsculpting as the best non-invasive fat removal procedure.
If you are interested in learning more about truSculpt, email us at email@example.com or call/text us at 616-516-6230 to schedule your FREE consultation.